Saturday, February 26, 2011

Tigger and Isabelle are in cahoots with God!

This past week or so I've had a really difficult week making good choices about what I'm eating.  I've eaten enough sugar to choke a horse!  It takes a really LONG time to unwrap and eat 25 Hershey Kisses, but I'll bet I ate that many one afternoon.  Mindlessly...one after the other.

So I was having a little chat with God about needing his help getting my eating choices back under control.  My prayer in the past has been, "Dear Lord, please  impress upon my heart the desire for healthy food, water and exercise.  Help me to make good choices."  So I lifted up that prayer once again while I was upstairs getting ready for work.  The inner dialogue in my head went something like this:

"Patti, get that leftover stromboli OUT of your lunch sack and throw it in the garbage!"
"No!  It's paid for!"
"Patti, you don't need it.  It doesn't support your desire to eat healthy."
"No!  There are starving children living down the road from Kari."
"Patti, you give others the permission to throw food away.  It's okay.  Just do it."
"But it tastes good!"

And then I prayed about it.  "Dear Lord, PLEASE help me to get back on track!"

I went downstairs and there on the kitchen counter sat Tigger and Isabelle, the cats, EATING MY STROMBOLI!  They had unzipped my lunch bag, removed the styrofoam container, and started munching away.  It didn't take long until I was laughing and realized that indeed God had answered my prayer.  He had used Tigger and Isabelle and they were of course glad to oblige.  It was all I needed to help get my head back into the healthy game and I packed another lunch this time with fruit, protein and veggies.

Thanks for watching my back Tig and Isabelle!    

1 comment:

Kari said...

LOVE IT! Tigger and Isabelle are great.

And it's true, there are kids down the street from me who don't get enough food. However, you overeating (or eating unhealthy) will not feed them. Plus I don't think they like stromboli.