Thursday, November 8, 2012

Creamy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip


I'm always on the lookout for great lower calorie, healthy recipes and snacks, so when I spotted this one the dialogue in my head went something like this:
ME:  "A creamy, lower calorie version of peanut butter on apples?  Hmmm, and with honey and cinnamon too!?  Whoot whoot I'm giving THIS one a try!"
Yup.  That's pretty much how it went and as soon as I'm done posting this recipe for the rest of the world to try I'm going to head into the kitchen and stir up a batch for little ol me!
Here's the recipe I saw on Pintrest:
So if you're watching your calorie intake, here's a way to enjoy that creamy, nutty taste without all the calories. It's made with nonfat Greek yogurt so it's creamy, low in fat, full of protein, and they swear it tastes like peanut butter ice cream! 
Take one 5.3-ounce container of nonfat Greek Vanilla yogurt.  Mix in two tbsp. peanut butter (I prefer crunchy), 1/2 tbsp. honey, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.  Serve with slices of apple, banana, and pear. Store unused portion in the fridge.
Makes four, two-tbsp. servings. Each serving contains 66 calories, 3.75 grams of fat, .5 grams of saturated fat, .75 grams of fiber, and 5.5 grams of protein.

No comments: