Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Annual Physical

I've been told that personal updates are the preferred posts so here goes....

Today I had my annual physical and I passed with flying colors.
Resting heart rate - 46
Blood pressure - 118 over 60
Oxygen - 100%
Cholesterol - results still out
Weight - 70 pounds less than my physical in 2003. Yes, 70 pounds lighter. That fact still blows me away sometimes.

How have I done it? I still eat very much to the regimen of the WW Core program or what is now considered the Filling Foods on the WW Momentum plan. I am very aware of eating only when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm satisfied. Not full. Not stuffed. Satisfied.

I also exercise from 30 - 45 minutes at least 6 days a week. Walking, biking, elliptical, running. Sometimes others, but mostly those four. Exercise has become enjoyable for me and I look forward to my work outs. I even get all "antsy" if I don't exercise.

It has been lifestyle changes and they weren't all made in the same day. Small steps at a time and today I am happy with my visit to the doc. I didn't use to feel that way.

It feels good.

No comments: