Sunday, June 14, 2009

I rocked the Bellin 10k run!

So yesterday was the Bellin 10k run and I so totally rocked it! I really had not timed myself prior to this, but had a pretty good feel that I may be able to break an hour. So I set out and tried to keep a pace that was good for me. Not too slow and not killer. When I was coming around the corner at 6 miles and I saw the gun time I thought, I might be able to break an hour if I push it the last 3 blocks. So I tried to step it up a bit and push it to the end. Well come to find out I had an extra 2 minutes on my calculation because I didn't pass the starting line until 2 minutes after my wave started. Long story short - I finished in 56:28! An average of 9:06 minute miles. A personal best, thank you very kindly. In fact, in 1990 (when I was REALLY 29) I ran it in 58:43. So there you have it. I'm running faster now than ever before.

Next goal - running a marathon in October. I'll keep you posted on how the training is coming along.

In the meantime, NEVER doubt your abilities to do something better than you ever have before. Never say never.

No comments: