Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Biggest Loser comments and thoughts

I am tuned in to week 18 of the Biggest Loser.  They have sent the final four home to their families and are recapping their original weigh ins in front of their friends and families.  As I see their emotions as they went from pre-weight to current weight it brings tears to my eyes.  I can relate to much of what they are feeling.  My pre-weight and subsequent loss was not as dramatic as theirs, but the emotions of success and having a new life are still very real and fresh for me.

They have to run a marathon as their final challenge.  They are learning how to eat in their "at home" world.  Healthy food, healthy recipes, portion control.

"This is about you, it's not about them.  Let's get out of here and get an early day in the gym."
"Once you decide you're worth it, you can do it."
"Once you ask for help you'll get everything you need."

One of the contestants struggles with eating at night because he is stressed out or worried about something.  He realizes what he's doing but has a hard time stopping nonetheless.

My life is very different than it was five years ago in many ways.  Healthy food and exercise are priorities now.  Today I walked for an hour in the morning with a friend and then rode my bike over 13 miles in the afternoon on the way home from work.  But I also sit here and fight eating because I'm bored, lonely, tired.  Like the contestant, I recognize what I'm doing, but still fight it.  For a long time it had gotten much easier, it is a tough period the past 5 months.  Why?  I don't know, but I'm fighting it and I'm not giving in, because I've worked too hard to get here, and I enjoy my new lifestyle, body and healthy choices.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Bacher out.

No comments: