Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Small Changes Really Make a Big Difference!

I just received this and thought it gives a great perspective on making small changes. A WW Member in Connecticut who’s lost 50 lbs and hit goal in December 2007 wrote it and it’s brilliant! As my friend Deb (my WW leader) always says. . . think progress, not perfection!!

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." Robert Collier

That is what we were talking about over the last day or so....make small changes and stick to them. You will be surprised at how soon they will become habits and then turn into a new lifestyle. Did I ever think years ago I would regularly be drinking 4-6 (or more) 20oz bottles of water daily??? Did I ever think I would walk every day during my lunch? Did I ever think I would not want fast food? Did I ever think I would belong to a gym...AND go regularly? Did I ever think I would pass on free food? Did I ever think I could survive without seconds...or thirds? Did I ever think I would learn to forgive myself? Did I ever think I would feel good in my own skin? All of these run through my head and I realize how far I have come and yet it all came from little changes. Did I start the program with doing everything right? Of course not. I had to do it little by little and focus on a few things at a time. Then it all comes together.

There are still things I need to work on and I have been OP since I joined last February. What do I need to learn? Well, a tough one for me...the comfort zone. I still don't base when I am done eating by recognizing I have had enough. It is mostly judging by portions. This will be the next step I work on. But it is just another step in the process. I recall when I had been on program for several months before I even decided to try working the oils in. I didn't want to give up 2 points. I had been successful without doing it, but it was still something I needed to learn. Now, I have no problem with them and I include the points. So, I'd like to say that don't ever feel like you have to do it all at once or you won't succeed. Take small steps and you will get there. Be proud of the little things you do!

Lynda

No comments: