Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Christmas Reflections with New Years Peaking Around the Corner

Okay ladies and gents - how did Christmas go? Did you focus on the people and not the food? Did you put all the tools in place that we've been learning? Or did you cut loose with a free for all and roll around miserably afterwards from over eating?

If so and you feel great, wonderful! Give your self a pat on the back. If not, it's here nor there at this point. Doesn't matter. What does matter is what you do NEXT. Take a deep breath and let it go. Jump right back into your healthy eating and exercise plan. Move on and look to the future.

New Years is just around the corner with it's mighty pull of resolutions. I tend not to be a resolution kind of gal; but rather a "goal setter". I like to take a look back and think about what has changed this past year. Then I look forward and think about where I'd like to be a year from now. What's it going to take to get me there? What do I need to do.... and do I have the knowledge and tools to get me there?

Now here's the kicker and very often the key. WRITE IT DOWN. Put it somewhere that you can see it often, be reminded of it, and focus on it. If it's important enough to you, you'll do it. And that makes all the difference.

Here's to goals for 2009! There's nothing stopping us now.

No comments: