Friday, November 13, 2009

The Marathon!

I'll bet you've all been on pins and needles waiting to read about the WhistleStop Marathon.  My deepest apologies that it's taken this long to post.  Life has raced along at a crazy pace ever since the race.

I FINISHED!  Yay!  I did it in 4 hours 39 minutes and 01 second.  Truly if I'd have known they were counting the seconds I'd have run a little faster!  Ha!

I'm so glad I did it.  It was not easy.  In fact mile 23 and 24 were VERY hard and if it wasn't for the support of my "fan", I probably would have walked the rest of the way.  I'd have finished... but it would have taken me a lot longer.  I am happy to say that following a couple days of stiff legs, I was walking normally only a couple days later.

I highly recommend doing a marathon.  If I can do it - you sure can too.

And I got a free t-shirt - whoot, whoot!

No comments: