Saturday, January 9, 2010

Marathon Training time

It's Marathon training time!  I've signed up for another one - and yes, perhaps I'm a tad bonkers.  Rose asked if running a marathon is like giving birth in that you quickly forget the pain.  She said, "weren't you crying last time?"  Yes, I did.  I cried at mile 23.  I was very tired and I wanted to FINISH.  However, I pushed through (with encouragement) and I finished.  Just as I went on and gave birth to two more children after Erich.  Women are tough, a topic for another day.

Today the training runs for the Cellcom Marathon started and over 200 people were there, which is great.   I've signed up to run the full marathon and am excited to get started.  It's nice to have a plan and a goal to work towards.  Today I will print out the training schedule so I can make sure my weekday activity supports my weekend long runs.  I've found that it's all very do-able and attainable over time if you make a plan for success and then work the plan.  Sounds a lot like weight loss now doesn't it?   Hmmmmm - make a plan and then work the plan.

By the way, I'm filling out my food tracker this week.  I need a jumpstart because I'm up 5 pounds since November and it's time to get it in check.  I promised my members I would because it DOES make a difference.  So I'm tracking this week.

Sounds like the key to doing just about anything in life successfully.  Make a plan and then work the plan.  Okay, we've got the plan...now let's work it!

Bacher out.

No comments: