Friday, January 1, 2010

Tromping through the snow

This afternoon Harry and I bundled up in warm clothes, mittens and sorel boots and went out to Barkhausen to walk the snow covered trails.

Several observations:
Encountered a lady who appeared to be playing out a New Year's resolution as she tackled the cross country ski trails for the first time ever.  She was alone and plugging away at it.  Saw her again in the parking lot and with glowing cheeks she was very happy with her accomplishment.  Yay for her!

The trails are very peaceful and quite enjoyable during the winter despite the brisk, cold wind.

It's easier for men to take a leak in the woods than it is for women.  Good thing it was Harry that had to go and not me.

My fingers got chilly even though I had on a heavy pair of gloves over top of my cheapies.

I didn't let my runny nose get in the way of fun.

I am resolved to check out the Fox River Trail one day this next week and see if it's walkable in this weather.

Harry said it was very enjoyable outside even though this is the time of year we tend to disparage the most.

January 1 is a great day to look forward and not back.

Overall, a crackerjack New Year's day.  We both totally enjoyed it.  

No comments: