Saturday, April 17, 2010

Being In Control

I think feeling that we are "in control" of what we are eating is a big deal to most of us.  I know it is to me and this past week I am feeling much more in control of what I put in my mouth.  I'm remembering to ask myself, "Are you hungry?" and I'm doing MUCH better about not eating for the sake of eating in the evenings.  I actually went to bed feeling a smidge hungry the other night!  Haven't done THAT in a long time.

Oddly enough when I'm in control of what I eat, I also feel in better control of other areas of my life.  So which comes first - control in life or control in eating?  The chicken or the egg?  Perhaps it's just an overall mindset and general feeling, kind of like an internal compass.

I'll have to ponder that one for awhile.  Thoughts anyone?

No comments: