Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"I tore up 4 miles of single track!"

I tried something yesterday that I have never done before. I went Mountain Biking! Check one more thing off my "fun-things-to-do-list". It was way fun and I'm looking forward to going again!

My younger brother is big into Mountain Biking so when he came to town to visit yesterday I grabbed the chance. The weather was gorgeous, we loaded up and went out to the Reforestation Camp. The trails are well marked and we rode about 4 miles of trail winding in and out through the woods. It was great! Very invigorating.

I'm learning the lingo - single track is when there is a single groove for you to ride on through the woods. Double track is more the style that a car could drive on and two bikes can ride side by side.

I found out that I'm more comfortable going up hill instead of down...I decided that's the control freak in me. I was careful. I didn't want to kiss a tree.

I'm a little sore today. It feels good - after all, I tore up 4 miles of single track.

1 comment:

Danica said...

Hey, I came across your blog in a search for the word "reforestation." What Reforestation camp are you near? I'm curious about North American projects as I didn't really know they existed! The group I work for just released some videos for a non-prof combating deforestation of Africa so my interest was piqued.