Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sometimes 60 feels easier than 10

Okay my friends - true confession time. I've been "trying" all summer to drop 10 pounds. Last November I was 10 under goal then it "inched" up through the spring. So I thought, "I liked being at that weight...I'm going to lose it again." Well, I will tell you...it hasn't been easy! I've been messing around, playing games and basically....maintaining. I bumped up against goal now and again which put the fear of God in me and I'd back off seriously for a few days. But then a fun event would spring up and FUN I'd have. So, the past 2 weeks I've taken the WW challenge, Lose for Good, seriously and I'm now feeling that I'm back in the mindset it takes. (Afterall if WW will donate $10 to world hunger for me losing 10 pounds, I'm doing it!)

Okay, so the operative part you may have caught up above was that this summer I was playing games. My mind (and desire) really wasn't into it. That was the whole difference.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that it was actually easier for me to lose 60 pounds. Believe it or not.

Next time you see me, ask how that 10 is going. Keep me accountable - please!

No comments: