Sunday, September 14, 2008

"It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch?"

"It's probably just a food baby. Did you have a big lunch?" That line from the movie, "Juno", made me laugh but I actually lived it this weekend! I am SO used to eating smart and staying in my comfort zone that when I ate past that and into the Thanksgiving Day stuffed zone last Thursday I was surprised. And the really surprising part is that it has taken me until today, Sunday, to not be too full! I'd feel a little hungry and I'd eat (more than normal... surprise, surprise!) but honest to goodness I was overly full for 3 days!

Just so you know - my tummy HATED me and caused me to have a belly-ache the whole time. It truly feels good to be back on track today.

My saving grace at the scale this morning? I rode my bike 20 miles on Friday while my "food baby" and I were having a blast cruising around the Twin Cities with my real, live, smiling baby.

We live and learn...and learn...occassionally forget... and learn again.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Haha! We need to have a movie night soon and watch that since Erich won't watch it with me. :)

lindsay said...

i like when you write about real stuff more often!